CASPER — A joint agricultural convention called the Wyoming Natural Resources Rendezvous will set up camp next week at the Parkway Plaza from Dec. 10-13.
The convention brings together the Wyoming Stock Growers (WSGA), Wyoming Association of Conservation Districts (WACD) and the Society for Range Management-Wyoming Section (SRM) to discuss issues that affect all three groups. Hundreds of ranchers and other natural resource users are expected to attend the event.
"Our joint convention only takes place every five years, making it a unique opportunity to explore the broader view of the agriculture industry," WSGA Executive Vice President Jim Magagna said. He added the groups look forward to the opportunity to come together to strategize.
The convention begins Dec. 10 with a workshop from WSGA titled "Making A Plan: Planning for a Profitable Estate Transition." workshop on Monday, Dec. 10. The "MAP" workshop is open to the public with registration of $30. More information is available at www.wysga.org
The regular convention agenda begins Dec. 11.
Convention highlights include:
• The Progressive Natural Resource Manager Forum featuring five tracks of concurrent sessions with topics including: climate and drought impacts, livestock management tools, rangeland health and much more. A detailed listing of topics is available at www.wysga.org/events.htm
. The forum is hosted with UW Cooperative Extension.
• Keynote Speaker Bruce Vincent (www.brucevincentspeaking.com
). Vincent is a third-generation logger from Montana who has spent the past 20 years speaking and advocating on behalf of natural resource issues.
• Addresses from Wyoming Governor Matt Mead, Wyoming State Treasurer Mark Gordon and NRCS Regional Conservationist for the West Aster Boozer.
• Updates from the Wyoming Congressional Delegation and key members of the Wyoming Legislature.
• WSGA, WACD and SRM committee meetings.
• Live Auction Fundraiser at 7 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 13. Buyers don't have to be present, as bidding will also take place online. Preview items at www.proxibid.com/wynaturalresource. This auction raises funds for the Wyoming Stock Growers Association, the Wyoming Natural Resource Foundation, the Society for Range Management, the Wyoming Stock Growers Land Trust, the Wyoming CattleWomen and the Wyoming Wool Growers Auxiliary.
Online registration is closed now, but attendees may register at the event. Full registration covering all events from Tuesday on costs $160. Selective registration can also be purchased.
For a detailed convention schedule visit www.wysga.org
or call 307.638.3942.
For more Daily news click here and look under 'Breaking News'